Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Local Politics *sigh*



Living in a small town is hard sometimes. It is sometimes really tough to balance being a human being with being a business. As a human being, I have opinions  and I have feelings. As a business, my livelihood is subject to the opinions and judgments of my customers and community. Therefore, I must remain neutral. I must not alienate my community.

In a small town, where everyone knows of everyone else, this is difficult to rectify. Especially when you belong to a family where everyone’s first name ends in –erry. 

A member of my family is leading the efforts to recall two 5J school board members. That’s fine. What’s not fine is the general public assuming that I’m the one leading the efforts. I am not, because doing so would alienate a good portion of my customers therefore violating my personal business ethics. My opinions on this matter are private; I will not burden you with them. 

I know all but one school board member (Mr. Longwell) and their families and many of the people involved in the recall efforts, and I like them all. I have a good relationship with all of these people, and I hope to keep it that way.

I hope this will clear up some confusion.

Thank you,

Teresa (Terry) McQuisten

2 comments:

  1. Good for you. I support you all the way. Thanks for the clarification.

    ReplyDelete